Items by Cindy Wehling
Readers offer up their images of The Natural West in this first in a series of contests that help kick off High Country News' 40th anniversary celebration.
During 2009, High Country News focused on an eclectic mix of stories, from bull riding to the legal wrangling over the L.A. River to Rocky Flats.
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on On Black Mesa, the natives make a comeback