Items by Cindy Wehling
Readers offer up their images of The Natural West in this first in a series of contests that help kick off High Country News' 40th anniversary celebration.
During 2009, High Country News focused on an eclectic mix of stories, from bull riding to the legal wrangling over the L.A. River to Rocky Flats.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Steve Snyder on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Robert Waddell on Oath Keepers show up for a public lands dispute in Oregon
- jim bolen on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Warren Anderson on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked