Items by Christina Nealson
Some hunters claim wolves are killing too many deer and elk in northwestern Montana, but the facts indicate otherwise -- although those facts are easily lost in all the emotional rhetoric.
Big, beautiful snowy owls are showing up far outside their usual range, much to the delight of Western birdwatchers.
A 13-pound wild turkey in Colorado gets by despite the six inches of arrow protruding from either side of her breast.
The beautiful spring in Colorado's San Luis Valley is a bitter contrast to the tragedy unfolding in the Gulf of Mexico.
The many thousands of illegal immigrants who pass through Arizona border towns are leaving tons of litter in their wake.
- Adam Hannuksela on Tracking grazing’s impacts on bugs
- Carol Bartlett on Idaho and BLM flout conservation laws for fallen officers
- John W Stephens on Animas River spill: only the latest in 150 years of pollution
- Mark Bailey on Why is bad science protecting the Lower Snake River dams?
- Carol Bartlett on Could fugitive methane help out remote communities?