Items by Christina Nealson
Some hunters claim wolves are killing too many deer and elk in northwestern Montana, but the facts indicate otherwise -- although those facts are easily lost in all the emotional rhetoric.
Big, beautiful snowy owls are showing up far outside their usual range, much to the delight of Western birdwatchers.
A 13-pound wild turkey in Colorado gets by despite the six inches of arrow protruding from either side of her breast.
The beautiful spring in Colorado's San Luis Valley is a bitter contrast to the tragedy unfolding in the Gulf of Mexico.
The many thousands of illegal immigrants who pass through Arizona border towns are leaving tons of litter in their wake.
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change