Items by Charles Finn
Review of “The Story of My Heart by Richard Jefferies: As Rediscovered by Terry Tempest Williams and Brooke Williams.”
"100 Tricks Every Boy Can Do," Kim Stafford’s memoir of his brother’s suicide, is more heartwarming than depressing
The anthology West of 98: Living and Writing the New American West assembles the thoughts of 67 Western writers.
Charles Finn has had the carcass of a Canada goose in the back of his pickup for a week, pondering its life and death as he drives through the Montana winter.
At the Rolling Dog Ranch Animal Sanctuary in Montana, blind horses, dogs and cats find a second chance.
The writer climbs to Lolo Peak and finds it the center of everything — without the ski area, golf courses and condos proposed by a developer
- After attack, the country’s oldest park ranger is back at work
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Harold Johnson on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Doug Johnson on In this season of potential megaburns, nix the campfire
- The Taylors on Latest: The BLM to study surgical sterilization of wild horses
- Marcia Ewell on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit