Items by Catherine Lutz And Robyn Morrison
The Park Service has begun to restrict motorized recreation in many national parks, banning tourist flights, personal watercraft and snowmobiles in some areas and working to reduce auto congestion.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle