Items by Carla Wise
There just aren't enough slaughterhouses for small poultry farms in Oregon and other Western states.
Do we have the right to kill invasive barred owls and their hybrid offspring, even if it will save endangered spotted owls?
The local food growers in Oregon’s Southern Willamette Valley Bean and Grain Project see a unique opportunity in today’s economic crisis.
Law professor Mary C. Wood wants to use “atmospheric trust litigation” to tackle global warming in the courts.
- Richard Crow on An interview with the first African-American president of the Sierra Club
- Richard Crow on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- Tom Darnell on After one record-setting wildfire, a Washington county prepares for more
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico