Items by Carla Wise
There just aren't enough slaughterhouses for small poultry farms in Oregon and other Western states.
Do we have the right to kill invasive barred owls and their hybrid offspring, even if it will save endangered spotted owls?
The local food growers in Oregon’s Southern Willamette Valley Bean and Grain Project see a unique opportunity in today’s economic crisis.
Law professor Mary C. Wood wants to use “atmospheric trust litigation” to tackle global warming in the courts.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands