Items by Carla Wise
There just aren't enough slaughterhouses for small poultry farms in Oregon and other Western states.
Do we have the right to kill invasive barred owls and their hybrid offspring, even if it will save endangered spotted owls?
The local food growers in Oregon’s Southern Willamette Valley Bean and Grain Project see a unique opportunity in today’s economic crisis.
Law professor Mary C. Wood wants to use “atmospheric trust litigation” to tackle global warming in the courts.
- Jean Rohde on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Krista Langlois on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Rich Jordan on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Thomas Arvensis on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?