Items by Cally Carswell
The feds want to release captive animals to increase genetic diversity in the wild, but New Mexico isn’t having it.
Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski and a majority of her colleagues signal support for the pro-transfer movement.
A mysterious algae known as “rock snot” is smothering wild rivers — and may hold clues to their future.
Only a handful of seats are truly up for grabs, including two in the West, and they’re being fiercely contested.
- jord hol on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Joel Dugdale on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Shell’s giving up drilling in the Arctic Ocean. Now what?
- George Winters on What Mt. Hood’s fading summer ski season means
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund