Items by Bryan Foster
The recent decline in support for the New Mexico Green Party seems to have no effect on the hopes of its candidates or the anxiety of the state's Democratic party, which sees the Greens as spoilers.
Fire-proofing houses is a thriving new business in Durango, Colorado's fire-prone forests, but the only real solution to the problem is to quit building in the urban-wildland interface, many say.
Jackson, Wyo., citizens have rejected a development planned for a ranch near the town, but the problem of where to house people in resort towns - especially working people - won't go away.
The Santa Fe Watershed Partners Group is working with the Santa Fe National Forest to find an environmentally sensible way to thin and burn a New Mexico forest that has become a fire hazard.
The writer goes to central Idaho to visit the heart of the longest-standing Earth First! demonstration, protesting the Cove-Mallard timber sale.
Forcing the Spring by Robert Gottlieb looks at devleopment of natural and human environmental movements.
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Dale Lockwood on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Regina Johnson on Go ahead, wander your way
- Paulette Bierzychudek on Obama’s mixed impact on endangered species
- Charles Fox on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators