Items by Brodie Farquhar
Uncertainty over the health of grizzly population arises as officials consider removing it from the Endangered Species list.
A recent court ruling on the ceremonial killing of eagles by American Indians collides with the Endangered Species Act, possibly sending the issue to the Supreme Court
Wyoming Game and Fish plans to test feedgrounds elk and slaughter any that are infected with brucellosis in order to keep the disease from spreading to cattle
Conservationists fear that the new National Park Service management policy will reduce environmental protection at the expense of commercial interests
On his 12th attempt, Rep. Richard Pombo, R-Calif., succeeds in pushing a bill through the U.S. House designed to reform the Endangered Species Act and end critical habitat protection
The Park Service lands in hot water when Deputy Assistant Interior Secretary Paul Hoffman secretly rewrites the agency’s management manual, and the revision is leaked to the press
A Canadian mining company, the Fremont Gold Corporation, plans to dig 200 test pits for a possible mining operation five miles from the South Pass National Historic Landmark in Wyoming, where wagon trains once traveled
- Brad Bergstrom on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Dwayne Meadows on Idaho’s sewer system is the Snake River
- Dale Lockwood on Rural cops get militarized
- C.C. Havens on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Robb Cadwell on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?