Items by Brodie Farquhar
Uncertainty over the health of grizzly population arises as officials consider removing it from the Endangered Species list.
A recent court ruling on the ceremonial killing of eagles by American Indians collides with the Endangered Species Act, possibly sending the issue to the Supreme Court
Wyoming Game and Fish plans to test feedgrounds elk and slaughter any that are infected with brucellosis in order to keep the disease from spreading to cattle
Conservationists fear that the new National Park Service management policy will reduce environmental protection at the expense of commercial interests
On his 12th attempt, Rep. Richard Pombo, R-Calif., succeeds in pushing a bill through the U.S. House designed to reform the Endangered Species Act and end critical habitat protection
The Park Service lands in hot water when Deputy Assistant Interior Secretary Paul Hoffman secretly rewrites the agency’s management manual, and the revision is leaked to the press
A Canadian mining company, the Fremont Gold Corporation, plans to dig 200 test pits for a possible mining operation five miles from the South Pass National Historic Landmark in Wyoming, where wagon trains once traveled
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation