Items by Brian Doyle
Brian Doyle recommends the best reads about the Pacific Northwest, with particular emphasis on his home state, Oregon.
All over the West, white roadside crosses and spontaneous, humble shrines mark the holy sites where the souls of human beings have left this world
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics