Items by Brian Doyle
Brian Doyle recommends the best reads about the Pacific Northwest, with particular emphasis on his home state, Oregon.
All over the West, white roadside crosses and spontaneous, humble shrines mark the holy sites where the souls of human beings have left this world
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought