Items by Ben Goldfarb
Fishermen, tribes and environmentalists flummoxed as predator numbers swell below Washington's Bonneville Dam.
Readers voted in our bracket-style tournament to crown the West's best public lands on which to recreate.
From politicians to climate scientists, meet 10 people under 30 who are shaping the region’s future.
The Columbia Basin Fish Accords have funded $1 billion worth of habitat restoration projects, but can they replace free-flowing rivers?
- Rick Masters on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?