Items by Ben Goldfarb
Fishermen, tribes and environmentalists flummoxed as predator numbers swell below Washington's Bonneville Dam.
Readers voted in our bracket-style tournament to crown the West's best public lands on which to recreate.
From politicians to climate scientists, meet 10 people under 30 who are shaping the region’s future.
The Columbia Basin Fish Accords have funded $1 billion worth of habitat restoration projects, but can they replace free-flowing rivers?
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought