Items by Ben Goldfarb
Fishermen, tribes and environmentalists flummoxed as predator numbers swell below Washington's Bonneville Dam.
Readers voted in our bracket-style tournament to crown the West's best public lands on which to recreate.
From politicians to climate scientists, meet 10 people under 30 who are shaping the region’s future.
The Columbia Basin Fish Accords have funded $1 billion worth of habitat restoration projects, but can they replace free-flowing rivers?
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans