Items by Barry Noreen
Costly reclamation work on several defunct ski areas suggests that the Forest Service is too lax with applicants.
According to the EPA, bonds from the Summitville Consolidated Mining Co. don't cover hazardous waste cleanup costs.
For more than 100 years, the last thing the people of Victor, Colo., would think of doing is to say "no" to gold mining. Now they are saying "whoa."
Spurred by a reported sighting of a grizzly sow and three cubs last fall, a group of volunteers from four Western states has begun systematically combing the San Juan Mountains, hoping to prove the bears still survive in Colorado.
Close to 500 wild horses have been shot and left to decay in the Nevada desert over the last two years.
- Steve Snyder on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Kelly Cooper on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Steven Childs on It's time to kill my own food
- Steven Childs on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- Daniel Greenstadt on A trail runner defends his right to public lands