Items by Arla Shephard
A group of determined activists in Mountain View, N.M., fights for environmental justice in a poor and polluted neighborhood.
A threat to Catron County's groundwater brings conservative ranchers and liberal newcomers together.
High Country News welcomes three new interns and several visitors and wins a couple of important prizes.
- E D Coleman on Sagebrush Insurgency connections
- Mark Rozman on Did Colorado leave residents of the Raton Basin with bad water?
- Kate Schimel on Hope fades for Klamath River accords
- Cherilyn Eagar on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Waddell on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?