Items by Allison Gerfin
An ambitious plan to create new corridors for power lines and pipelines will make it easier for utility companies to tap into the West’s energy boom
Farmers and conservationists have reached a settlement that allows water to flow in California’s San Joaquin River, home to the Friant Dam
In Wyoming, oil and gas workers and the Wyoming AFL-CIO have joined environmentalists, ranchers and homeowners in protesting the sale of energy leases in the Wyoming Range of Bridger-Teton National Forest
The Mormon Church has issued a statement opposing a planned nuclear waste storage site not far from Salt Lake City, Utah, on the Skull Valley Goshute Reservation
The recent deaths of 10 wolves in eastern Arizona are a wrenching example of everything that has gone wrong with the troubled Mexican wolf recovery program
"Divine Strake" — a proposed weapons detonation at the Nevada Test Site – has stirred up fears of radioactive contamination and the possibility of a new nuclear arms race
- David DuBois on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Dennis Jones on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program
- Peter Sandrock on Reflecting on the tragedy of the young 'invincibles'
- Roy Frybarger on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program
- Julia Duin on Charles Bowden on The War Next Door