Items by Ali Macalady And Karen Mockler
ASARCO merges with Grupa Mexico; illegal road through Vail wetland closed; billionaire helps conservationists buy Loomis State Forest; Bruce Babbitt and Gov. Mike Leavitt agree to outline of Rep. Jim Hansen's wilderness bill; Utah black-footed ferrets.
A draft for the 15-year management plan for Colorado's White River National Forest has sparked controversy from everyone, from Vail Resorts and ATV operators to some environmental groups.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation