Items by Ali Macalady And Karen Mockler
ASARCO merges with Grupa Mexico; illegal road through Vail wetland closed; billionaire helps conservationists buy Loomis State Forest; Bruce Babbitt and Gov. Mike Leavitt agree to outline of Rep. Jim Hansen's wilderness bill; Utah black-footed ferrets.
A draft for the 15-year management plan for Colorado's White River National Forest has sparked controversy from everyone, from Vail Resorts and ATV operators to some environmental groups.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town