Items by Alexa Mergen
The short stories in Melinda Moustakis' book plunge the reader into the challenging world of contemporary Alaskans.
Mary Sojourner's new novel, Going Through Ghosts, takes the reader on a journey of love, loss, abandonment and death.
Jeannette Walls' "true-life novel," Half Broke Horses, is hampered by the author's memories of her grandmother, the main character.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust