Items by Alexa Mergen
The short stories in Melinda Moustakis' book plunge the reader into the challenging world of contemporary Alaskans.
Mary Sojourner's new novel, Going Through Ghosts, takes the reader on a journey of love, loss, abandonment and death.
Jeannette Walls' "true-life novel," Half Broke Horses, is hampered by the author's memories of her grandmother, the main character.
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane