Items by Alexa Mergen
The short stories in Melinda Moustakis' book plunge the reader into the challenging world of contemporary Alaskans.
Mary Sojourner's new novel, Going Through Ghosts, takes the reader on a journey of love, loss, abandonment and death.
Jeannette Walls' "true-life novel," Half Broke Horses, is hampered by the author's memories of her grandmother, the main character.
- Regina Johnson on Rep. Rob Bishop is chipping away at Theodore Roosevelt's legacy
- Andy Grosland on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Andy Grosland on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Melissa McDowell on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution