Items by Jonathan Thompson
Stopping by the dam during a days-long experimental flood, it's clear that even this massive feat of engineering can't fix the arid West.
The Fort Sill Apache want to build a casino in New Mexico, but established gaming tribes oppose their efforts.
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington