Items by Jodi Peterson
A Pulitzer Prize for Lisa Song, former HCN intern; visitors come by our office; journalists and HCN contributors Debra Weyermann and Kathie Durbin have died.
"Friends" campaign offers the new Colorado River Basin poster; Craig Childs wins Orion Book Award; John Dougherty produces "Cyanide Beach" documentary on mine pollution.
Mountain lions, eagles, bobcats, geese and domestic pets have all been accidentally caught -- and killed -- by wolf trappers.
HCN is nominated for an Utne Independent Media award; some of the magazine's contributors are nominated for other honors; corrections
Marketing students try their hand at managing HCN’s Facebook page; new books from Julianne Couch and Mike Medberry; corrections and clarification.
The country's first tribal national park could lead the way toward more tribal control over lands that were once theirs.
A controversial proposal for the nation’s biggest chunk of public land aims to allow energy development -- and protect wildlife.
High Country News has a board meeting and schemes for more reader involvement; visitors from around the West.
- Steve Snyder on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Kelly Cooper on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Steven Childs on It's time to kill my own food
- Steven Childs on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- Daniel Greenstadt on A trail runner defends his right to public lands