Items by Jodi Peterson
Marketing students try their hand at managing HCN’s Facebook page; new books from Julianne Couch and Mike Medberry; corrections and clarification.
The country's first tribal national park could lead the way toward more tribal control over lands that were once theirs.
A controversial proposal for the nation’s biggest chunk of public land aims to allow energy development -- and protect wildlife.
High Country News has a board meeting and schemes for more reader involvement; visitors from around the West.
The agency has been trying to do more for conservation, but in many places energy extraction still reigns supreme
Wayne Hage's 20-year court battle over ranching on public lands comes to a close, but his son continues to tussle with the feds.
- vince bandola on The Forest Service battles placer mining with an obscure law
- Deb Dedon on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Deb Dedon on In the middle of nowhere, a Promised Land
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town