Items by Jonathan Thompson
Stopping by the dam during a days-long experimental flood, it's clear that even this massive feat of engineering can't fix the arid West.
The Fort Sill Apache want to build a casino in New Mexico, but established gaming tribes oppose their efforts.
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment