Items by Cally Carswell
Scientists pinpoint the cause of white nose syndrome, which has devastated Eastern bat populations and could move West
Feral pigs are invading New Mexico and other Western states, but biologists are working hard to stop them.
A recent oil spill in Montana's Yellowstone River reminds Westerners that not all such environmental disasters happen in the Gulf of Mexico.
Jonathan Thompson talks with Cally Carswell about how foreign demand is influencing the West's latest extractive boom.
Craig Childs narrates his paddle down the Lower San Juan, with photos and video he took on the trip.
Both proponents and opponents of predator control claim to have science on their side. But the actual science -- and all of its complexities -- is often lost in the debate.
- Bob Laybourn on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- William R DeJager on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Brad Bergstrom on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Dwayne Meadows on Idaho’s sewer system is the Snake River
- Dale Lockwood on Rural cops get militarized