Items by Stephanie Paige Ogburn
Listen to the sound of the Grand Canyon without a helicopter, and then as a "quiet" helicopter flies in.
National Geographic photographer Peter McBride shows images from his new book and discusses what he learned while working on it.
Genetic sequencing may hold the key to stopping blister rust, a disease that's ravaging Western whitebark pines.
Jeff Rice discusses how he collects sound and plays some of the sounds from the Western Soundscape Archive
Writer Pat Toomay talks with landscape photographer Michael Berman about his craft and the draw of the desert.
- C.C. Havens on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Robb Cadwell on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Trey Turnbull on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Michael Jakubcin on Two degrees warmer and rising: A review of A Great Aridness
- Roy Brophy on Forest Service’s mission goes up in flames