Items by Sarah Gilman
The billionaire has stakes in everything from Western art, railroads and petroleum to renewable energy, national parks, stadiums and Justin Bieber.
Recent strides (and losses) in the oil and gas regulatory world underscore the importance of public engagement
Whitman College's Semester in the West and similar programs strive to make students think about resource issues critically and compassionately, and often change their lives in the process.
Outdoor industries rile Utah’s conservative pols with call to protect land around Canyonlands National Park
Wild horses are a touchy subjects for many Americans; the BLM's complex policies on mustang round-up and maintenance illustrates the point.
The Gilman clan didn't go on normal vacations; their fossil-addicted parents trundled them across the West looking for the shells of long-extinct sea creatures.
- Kele Lampe on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Angela Sondenaa on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Tom Bleuer on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Steve Scearce on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Jonathan Thompson on Was the Bears Ears designation a victory?