Items by Jonathan Thompson
U.S. population has grown by 105 million people since 1970, yet we somehow shrank our water footprint.
Western grid operators can now buy backup power on a real-time, open market to smooth intermittent renewables.
- Grand Canyon superintendent retires after harassment investigation
- Who’s cutting illegal ski trails in the Santa Fe National Forest?
- Note to politicians: Don’t mess with fishing access in Montana
- Mapping the large-scale loss of natural areas in the West
- West Coast cities sue Monsanto to pay for chemical cleanup
- Frank Kinder on My low-impact life
- Sari Sommarstrom on Will the feds change course on Columbia River management?
- Mark Rozman on As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Michael Weeks on Who’s cutting illegal ski trails in the Santa Fe National Forest?
- John Q. Citizen on Will the feds change course on Columbia River management?