Items by Jodi Peterson
Former HCN editor takes the reins of a California journal, and friends come to visit the office from near and far.
This special books & essays issue considers the ways in which we use maps, literal and metaphoric, to understand a landscape.
The story behind this issue's cover feature, about a startling dinosaur discovery in Montana and ensuing scientific controversy.
HCN's board of directors met recently, our fund-raising art auction was a success, and several visitors came to call.
The author may have been the last person to hear the voice of a missing hiker at Mesa Verde National Park
HCN wins Utne award for environmental coverage, and three awards from the Society of Professional Journalists.
A Pulitzer Prize for Lisa Song, former HCN intern; visitors come by our office; journalists and HCN contributors Debra Weyermann and Kathie Durbin have died.
"Friends" campaign offers the new Colorado River Basin poster; Craig Childs wins Orion Book Award; John Dougherty produces "Cyanide Beach" documentary on mine pollution.
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought