Items by Jodi Peterson
New associate editor arrives, HCN reaps rewards in the Top of the Rockies Contest, and we mourn the passing of stalwart activist Billy Frank Jr.
In the Rocky Mountain West, more than 4 million acres of federal public land are rendered off-limits because there's no way for the public to access them.
Daughter Abby Quillen has assembled two anthologies of her father’s columns; a steady stream of visitors have come by our Colorado office.
Former HCN editor takes the reins of a California journal, and friends come to visit the office from near and far.
- Mark Rozman on How bigotry is woven in with our Western roots
- Larry Glickfeld on This year’s weird Alaska winter should make us very, very nervous.
- Laura Jean Schneider on Ranch Diaries: The risks of ranching on a wild landscape
- Ed Morrow on How bigotry is woven in with our Western roots
- Ed Morrow on This year’s weird Alaska winter should make us very, very nervous.