Items by Jodi Peterson
HCN's board of directors met recently, our fund-raising art auction was a success, and several visitors came to call.
The author may have been the last person to hear the voice of a missing hiker at Mesa Verde National Park
HCN wins Utne award for environmental coverage, and three awards from the Society of Professional Journalists.
A Pulitzer Prize for Lisa Song, former HCN intern; visitors come by our office; journalists and HCN contributors Debra Weyermann and Kathie Durbin have died.
"Friends" campaign offers the new Colorado River Basin poster; Craig Childs wins Orion Book Award; John Dougherty produces "Cyanide Beach" documentary on mine pollution.
Mountain lions, eagles, bobcats, geese and domestic pets have all been accidentally caught -- and killed -- by wolf trappers.
HCN is nominated for an Utne Independent Media award; some of the magazine's contributors are nominated for other honors; corrections
Marketing students try their hand at managing HCN’s Facebook page; new books from Julianne Couch and Mike Medberry; corrections and clarification.
The country's first tribal national park could lead the way toward more tribal control over lands that were once theirs.
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation