Items by Jodi Peterson
New associate editor arrives, HCN reaps rewards in the Top of the Rockies Contest, and we mourn the passing of stalwart activist Billy Frank Jr.
In the Rocky Mountain West, more than 4 million acres of federal public land are rendered off-limits because there's no way for the public to access them.
Daughter Abby Quillen has assembled two anthologies of her father’s columns; a steady stream of visitors have come by our Colorado office.
Former HCN editor takes the reins of a California journal, and friends come to visit the office from near and far.
- Barbara Ullian on How to love a weird and perfect wilderness
- John Wahoff on It’s not the Wild West anymore. Look before you shoot.
- Tom Kinnane on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Gerald Burton on Back to civics class: 10 things to know about Standing Rock
- Steve Snyder on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report