Items by Jodi Peterson
Visitors going and coming; Betty Fussell’s new book, Raising Steaks; farewell to forester Leo Goebel
River restoration is a complex business, whether you’re talking about Colorado’s fast-moving Gunnison River or the polluted urban waterways of San Francisco’s East Bay.
David Anderson is High Country News new advertising rep; skiers and farmers visit; Matt Klingle wins book award; corrections.
High Country News skips an issue; Western water books; kudos for HCN’s writers; clarification and correction.
Westerners have a knack for new and innovative thinking: Green detective, Healthcare for the hard up, Developing to stop development, Low carbon brews and more.
Jim Stiles tries to keep his Canyon Country Zephyr alive online; visitors, or the lack thereof; and book notes.
Marley Shebala and Jesus De La Rosa join HCN’s board of directors; Ed and Betsy Marston win Champions of the Rockies award; Rebecca Clarren wins Alicia Patterson Fellowship and Ken Wright has a new book.
- Who’s cutting illegal ski trails in the Santa Fe National Forest?
- Mapping the large-scale loss of natural areas in the West
- Grand Canyon superintendent retires after harassment investigation
- Will the feds change course on Columbia River management?
- As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Steve Snyder on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West
- Marcia Ewell on Revamped chemical safety law gives EPA more power
- Larry Glickfeld on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions
- Mark Rozman on As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Steve Snyder on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions