Items by Sarah Gilman
Despite an infusion of moisture, pockets of the Southern High Plains have been plagued with dusters and inundated with tumbleweeds.
Why would any magazine editor include Los Angeles in a special issue on environmental sustainability?
Even as the Southwest teeters on the edge of a radically drier future, a rare opportunity to revive the Colorado River Delta has emerged in an agreement hashed out between Mexico, the U.S. and some of West's most powerful – and thirsty – water agencies.
- James Angerer on What the West’s trees tell us
- Rodney B Proffitt on After years of drought and overuse, the San Luis Valley aquifer refills
- Tina Sanchez on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West
- Ann Meisel on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West
- Steve Snyder on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West