Items by Sarah Gilman
Despite an infusion of moisture, pockets of the Southern High Plains have been plagued with dusters and inundated with tumbleweeds.
Why would any magazine editor include Los Angeles in a special issue on environmental sustainability?
Even as the Southwest teeters on the edge of a radically drier future, a rare opportunity to revive the Colorado River Delta has emerged in an agreement hashed out between Mexico, the U.S. and some of West's most powerful – and thirsty – water agencies.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle