Items by Jonathan Thompson
U.S. population has grown by 105 million people since 1970, yet we somehow shrank our water footprint.
Western grid operators can now buy backup power on a real-time, open market to smooth intermittent renewables.
- William Mullane on How right-wing emigrants conquered North Idaho
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy