Items by Jonathan Thompson
Documenting recreation on Instagram, Strava and YouTube is changing the way we experience the outdoors.
Scientists, planes and instruments descend on San Juan Basin to find roots of the massive greenhouse gas hotspot.
HCN’ers get into the backcountry, editor Betsy Marston sees Berlin and art director Cindy Wehling takes a trip to Hawaii.
- Bradley Goodman on How can "woofers" stay on the farm?
- Rod Farlee on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Joe Cosentino on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- Mark Bailey on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Spencer Kluesner on Latest: The BLM to study surgical sterilization of wild horses