Items by Jodi Peterson
New associate editor arrives, HCN reaps rewards in the Top of the Rockies Contest, and we mourn the passing of stalwart activist Billy Frank Jr.
In the Rocky Mountain West, more than 4 million acres of federal public land are rendered off-limits because there's no way for the public to access them.
Daughter Abby Quillen has assembled two anthologies of her father’s columns; a steady stream of visitors have come by our Colorado office.
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment