Items by Sarah Gilman
Despite an infusion of moisture, pockets of the Southern High Plains have been plagued with dusters and inundated with tumbleweeds.
Why would any magazine editor include Los Angeles in a special issue on environmental sustainability?
Even as the Southwest teeters on the edge of a radically drier future, a rare opportunity to revive the Colorado River Delta has emerged in an agreement hashed out between Mexico, the U.S. and some of West's most powerful – and thirsty – water agencies.
- Candace Oathout on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Stephen Hall on Rants from the Hill: Reno is a desert city with a river heart
- Kent Udell on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- The Taylors on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked