Items by Marian Lyman Kirst
The self-trained entomologist discusses readers' questions on insects, and some of his favorite worldwide insect finds.
The National Park Service is surveying its holdings to find out which parks have fossils in order to manage them better.
Four Western cities receive grants to improve habitat for the millions of migratory birds that pass through urban areas every year.
In a settlement with environmental groups, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service agrees to make listing decisions about more than 250 imperiled candidate species.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust