Items by Marian Lyman Kirst
The self-trained entomologist discusses readers' questions on insects, and some of his favorite worldwide insect finds.
The National Park Service is surveying its holdings to find out which parks have fossils in order to manage them better.
Four Western cities receive grants to improve habitat for the millions of migratory birds that pass through urban areas every year.
In a settlement with environmental groups, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service agrees to make listing decisions about more than 250 imperiled candidate species.
- Lee Rimel on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Fred Swanson on Is tech ruining the wilderness?
- Rick Masters on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson