Items by Jodi Peterson
New associate editor arrives, HCN reaps rewards in the Top of the Rockies Contest, and we mourn the passing of stalwart activist Billy Frank Jr.
In the Rocky Mountain West, more than 4 million acres of federal public land are rendered off-limits because there's no way for the public to access them.
Daughter Abby Quillen has assembled two anthologies of her father’s columns; a steady stream of visitors have come by our Colorado office.
Former HCN editor takes the reins of a California journal, and friends come to visit the office from near and far.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Luwella Leonardi on Blood Quantum
- Alaina Huxtable on Blood Quantum