Items by Emilene Ostlind
Interior Secretary Ken Salazar tells the BLM to get serious about managing the National Landscape Conservation System.
Sportsmen convince energy company to strengthen environmental protections by promising to support development
Emilene Ostlind talks with former federal biologist Rollin Sparrowe about energy development on the Pinedale Anticline and its impact on wildlife.
Roughnecks and hunters are fighting plans to drill for natural gas in the Hoback-Noble Basin of the Wyoming Range.
A conservation fund provided by an energy company enrages ranchers across Oregon, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming.
ETown will honor High Country News at a concert by Lyle Lovett and Taj Mahal; new interns Denver Nicks, Emilene Ostlind and Adam Petry.
- Penelope Blair on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- W. Fred Sanders on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest