Items by Emilene Ostlind
Interior Secretary Ken Salazar tells the BLM to get serious about managing the National Landscape Conservation System.
Sportsmen convince energy company to strengthen environmental protections by promising to support development
Emilene Ostlind talks with former federal biologist Rollin Sparrowe about energy development on the Pinedale Anticline and its impact on wildlife.
Roughnecks and hunters are fighting plans to drill for natural gas in the Hoback-Noble Basin of the Wyoming Range.
A conservation fund provided by an energy company enrages ranchers across Oregon, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming.
ETown will honor High Country News at a concert by Lyle Lovett and Taj Mahal; new interns Denver Nicks, Emilene Ostlind and Adam Petry.
- Greg D. Lind on Stop the rock-stacking: a call for an end to cairns
- Paul V. Battaglia on A new report says we're draining our aquifers faster than ever
- Josh Zaffos on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- MIKE CHIROPOLOS on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- Dana Lang on The real Washington vampire story