Items by Emilene Ostlind
Interior Secretary Ken Salazar tells the BLM to get serious about managing the National Landscape Conservation System.
Sportsmen convince energy company to strengthen environmental protections by promising to support development
Emilene Ostlind talks with former federal biologist Rollin Sparrowe about energy development on the Pinedale Anticline and its impact on wildlife.
Roughnecks and hunters are fighting plans to drill for natural gas in the Hoback-Noble Basin of the Wyoming Range.
A conservation fund provided by an energy company enrages ranchers across Oregon, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming.
ETown will honor High Country News at a concert by Lyle Lovett and Taj Mahal; new interns Denver Nicks, Emilene Ostlind and Adam Petry.
- Mark DeGregorio on Meet the aspiring ranger locked out by National Park Service practices
- Lael Bradshaw on New documentary offers a sharp look at the West’s water crisis
- Steve Snyder on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?
- Jim Schumont on Stop the rock-stacking
- Kate Schimel on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness