Items by Neil LaRubbio
The proposed Bitterroot ski resort in Montana remains unfinished, entangled in financial and environmental problems.
Watershed partnerships between communities and the federal government help make ratepayers more responsible for the health of their water supply.
High Country News welcomes new interns Danielle Venton and Neil LaRubbio; Marian Lyman Kirst is our new editorial fellow; and correction to captive wolves story.
Utah nuclear plant wins water permit, wolves and bison offered up for hunting and glaciers shrink just a little bit more
- Dale Lockwood on Rural cops get militarized
- C.C. Havens on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Robb Cadwell on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Trey Turnbull on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Michael Jakubcin on Two degrees warmer and rising: A review of A Great Aridness