Items by Ed Marston
Locals win awards; intern Roland Giller; correction on Department of Interior address; congratulations to Michael Clark.
Interior Secretary Bruce Babbitt discusses at the first-ever BLM summit plans to revolutionize the BLM.
An opinion about the ramifications of appointing Jack Ward Thomas as the new chief of the Forest Service.
A conference of government employees sponsored by Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER) elicits stories of perseverance.
Leroy Jackson, a Navajo environmentalist and anti-logging activist, is found dead under suspicious circumstances.
Ed Marston profiles David Brower against the backdrop of the economic cycles of former mining town, Telluride, Colo.
Environmentalists' euphoria over President Bill Clinton's Western policies came to an abrupt end in late March, when the White House pulled public land reforms from its new budget.
- Dale Lockwood on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Thomas Arvensis on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Ed Morrow on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Kate Schimel on Let’s be clear: TSA’s new tactics are bribery
- Blair French on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence