Items by Jodi Peterson
High Country News board meets via Web and phone; Gretchen Aston-Puckettt to leave HCN; new website, new cleaners, new job for Ariana Brocious; map clarification
High Country News welcomes new interns, Nathan Rice and Sierra Crane-Murdoch; visitors, self-reported; corrections.
The EPA will not regulate greenhouse gas emissions from biomass facilities for the next three years.
High Country News gets advice on marketing; holiday visitors; Lisa Song gets reporting job and Michelle Nijhuis wins grant; farewell, Bill Freudenburg.
According to scientific reviewers, Obama's new draft for managing the northern spotted owl is better than Bush's plan but still flawed.
High Country News takes Christmas break; visitors on wheels, recent books by HCN writers; corrections.
High Country News will host Holiday Open House; poets, bikers and wine-lovers come to call; clarifications.
High Country News wants to hear from readers; Stephanie Paige Ogburn joins to HCN as multimedia editor; falling leaves and fall visitors; corrections.
Remembering William L. Berry Jr.; Jonathan Thompson wins Special Citation from 2010 Knight-Risser Prize for Western Environmental Journalism; corrections.
High Country News welcomes new assistant editor Cally Carswell and says goodbye to business employee Jessica Spencer; Sen. Michael Bennet visits; Paonia "hippie reunion"; visitors.
As humans rely on our ingenuity to cope with climate change, wild plants and animals take refuge in the mountains’ microclimates.
High Country News hosts a big anniversary party and board meeting in Fort Collins, Colo.; summer visitors.
In his debut novel, The Wilding, Benjamin Percy captures our ambiguous attitudes toward the natural world.
- After attack, the country’s oldest park ranger is back at work
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Steve Snyder on What can we still learn from Edward Abbey, 25 years after his death?
- David W Hamilton on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- David W Hamilton on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Brant Hayenga on BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- David W Hamilton on What can we still learn from Edward Abbey, 25 years after his death?