Items by Jodi Peterson
Wide-ranging talk at HCN's "Power Struggle" discussion in Tucson; HCN board meeting raises financial issues; clarification, corrections.
High Country News wins Jane Silverstein Ries Award; former intern Emma Brown gives UC Journalism School commencement address; visitors with heart.
The petroglyphs at Nine Mile Canyon in Utah are finally receiving some protection from oil and gas development.
HCN sponsors a conference on energy development and environmental activism on the Hopi and Navajo reservations; visitors; planning; corrections.
Under Lisa Jackson, the Environmental Protection Agency swings into action, much to the dismay of ranchers and industry.
High Country News invites readers to a holiday open house; readers on road trips; board member John Heyneman joins Sonoran Institute’s Partnership for Wyoming's Future.
Longtime HCN board members Dan Luecke and Felix Magowan step down; bat-chasers and bicyclists; and correction.
Proponents say that underground coal gasification could produce cleaner energy, but some environmentalists have their doubts.
The September board meeting raised questions about how big HCN should be; artists and activists visit us.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust