Items by Staff
The nonprofit State Democracy Foundation has created a new Web site to keep citizens informed about what their legislators are up to
The energy bill is stalled for now as Congress wraps up its business for the year, but a lot of anti-environmental legislation has been passed in an end-of-season rush
Pesticides that endanger farmworkers are used to grow common foods like apples, potatoes and asparagus
High Country News takes a critical look at fire in the West with stories from our redesigned print edition, a special three-part radio series, and a newly released special report
This isn’t the first time HCN has had a face-lift; a prowl through the storage shed resurrects HCNs of times past
"Connecting Through local Foods" conference; Hazel Wolf Environmental Film Festival; Arkansas River Basin Water Forum; National Planning Conference; "Where lies the future of the Northern Plains?" essay contest
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on On Black Mesa, the natives make a comeback