Items by Cally Carswell
This summer, journalist Jeremy Miller descended two notorious Utah slot canyons with an equally notorious guide.
Can U.S. environmentalists derail a huge Canadian tar sands project that affects this side of the border?
An audio slide show featuring biologist and photographer Abraham Karam, who researches endangered razorback suckers.
A map shows some of the largest sites managed by the departments of Defense and Energy in the West, and their ecological value.
The Sinclair, Wyo., oil refinery has long been one of the state's most notorious polluters, but until recently, no one seemed to care.
Judith Lewis, Jonathan Thompson and Cally Carswell talk mining politics. Plus, an audio postcard from a California ghost town inhabited by pikas.
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation