Items by Staff
The Friends of Opal Creek receives a 3,000 acre land donation in the Cascade Range worth $12.6 million.
Grand County, Utah, gets a new council, after the old council is removed amidst charges of corruption.
Critical habitat areas are proposed to protect the Colorado squawfish, the humpback chub, the bonytail chub, and the razorback sucker.
Environmental groups will appeal a decision allowing exploratory oil drilling in the Badger - Two Medicine Wilderness Area.
A fish farm plan that would have ruined one of the last clean springs on the Snake River is blocked.
- Rick Masters on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?