Items by Staff
The Friends of Opal Creek receives a 3,000 acre land donation in the Cascade Range worth $12.6 million.
Grand County, Utah, gets a new council, after the old council is removed amidst charges of corruption.
Critical habitat areas are proposed to protect the Colorado squawfish, the humpback chub, the bonytail chub, and the razorback sucker.
Environmental groups will appeal a decision allowing exploratory oil drilling in the Badger - Two Medicine Wilderness Area.
A fish farm plan that would have ruined one of the last clean springs on the Snake River is blocked.
- Mark M Rostenko on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Nathan Johnson on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- jan slater on An audience for old Indians
- Robb Cadwell on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Thomas Bliss on Raccoonboy’s guide to urban wilds