Items by Staff
The Friends of Opal Creek receives a 3,000 acre land donation in the Cascade Range worth $12.6 million.
Grand County, Utah, gets a new council, after the old council is removed amidst charges of corruption.
Critical habitat areas are proposed to protect the Colorado squawfish, the humpback chub, the bonytail chub, and the razorback sucker.
Environmental groups will appeal a decision allowing exploratory oil drilling in the Badger - Two Medicine Wilderness Area.
A fish farm plan that would have ruined one of the last clean springs on the Snake River is blocked.
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas