Items by Staff
The Badger Chapter of the Glacier-Two Medicine Alliance, an environmental group that strives to protect the Rocky Mountain Front, will form two new groups.
The Friends of Opal Creek receives a 3,000 acre land donation in the Cascade Range worth $12.6 million.
Grand County, Utah, gets a new council, after the old council is removed amidst charges of corruption.
Critical habitat areas are proposed to protect the Colorado squawfish, the humpback chub, the bonytail chub, and the razorback sucker.
Environmental groups will appeal a decision allowing exploratory oil drilling in the Badger - Two Medicine Wilderness Area.
- Mark Rozman on How bigotry is woven in with our Western roots
- Larry Glickfeld on This year’s weird Alaska winter should make us very, very nervous.
- Laura Jean Schneider on Ranch Diaries: The risks of ranching on a wild landscape
- Ed Morrow on How bigotry is woven in with our Western roots
- Ed Morrow on This year’s weird Alaska winter should make us very, very nervous.