Items by Staff
A wise use group wants the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife to put industry and private rights first.
The Badger Chapter of the Glacier-Two Medicine Alliance, an environmental group that strives to protect the Rocky Mountain Front, will form two new groups.
The Friends of Opal Creek receives a 3,000 acre land donation in the Cascade Range worth $12.6 million.
Grand County, Utah, gets a new council, after the old council is removed amidst charges of corruption.
Critical habitat areas are proposed to protect the Colorado squawfish, the humpback chub, the bonytail chub, and the razorback sucker.
- Mark DeGregorio on Meet the aspiring ranger locked out by National Park Service practices
- Lael Bradshaw on New documentary offers a sharp look at the West’s water crisis
- Steve Snyder on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?
- Jim Schumont on Stop the rock-stacking
- Kate Schimel on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness