Items by Staff
A homeowner and an environmental group file a suit arguing that jet-boats on the Rogue River violate the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act.
The National Parks and Conservation Association warns that water pollution and depletion plague the country's national parks.
Navajo tribal chairman Peter MacDonald is sentenced to 14 years for his role in a riot that left two dead.
The New Mexico Game and Fish Department rules that science must be "humane and appropriate' after a songbird strangling near Carlsbad.
A moratorium on heap-leaching is sought by the Washington Wilderness Coalition and two other environmental groups.
- nancy watson on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Rich Fairbanks on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Jerry Unruh on Unwanted California tires end up in rivers and beaches
- Tsoi Tawodi on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- W John Faust on Unwanted California tires end up in rivers and beaches