Items by Staff
The High Country Citizens' Alliance and the Gunnison County Stockgrowers work together on a grazing proposal.
'The Workbook', a guide to the skirmishes over grazing and the Catron County movement by Barry Sims, is reviewed.
'The Montana Frontier: Old Dreams, New Realities' conference will be hosted by Montana State University.
'Wilderness: The Last Stand', a film by Miranda Smith, criticizes the timber industry and the Forest Service in Montana.
A homeowner and an environmental group file a suit arguing that jet-boats on the Rogue River violate the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act.
The National Parks and Conservation Association warns that water pollution and depletion plague the country's national parks.
Navajo tribal chairman Peter MacDonald is sentenced to 14 years for his role in a riot that left two dead.
- Jim Bolen on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Jason Brustad on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists
- Mike Sennett on Latest: Officials open a criminal investigation of EPA’s role in the Animas river spill
- Adam Howell on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness