Items by Staff
A homeowner and an environmental group file a suit arguing that jet-boats on the Rogue River violate the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act.
The National Parks and Conservation Association warns that water pollution and depletion plague the country's national parks.
Navajo tribal chairman Peter MacDonald is sentenced to 14 years for his role in a riot that left two dead.
The New Mexico Game and Fish Department rules that science must be "humane and appropriate' after a songbird strangling near Carlsbad.
A moratorium on heap-leaching is sought by the Washington Wilderness Coalition and two other environmental groups.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town