Items by Staff
The Silver State Leasing Co. receives $100,000 fine for killing a desert tortoise during construction near Las Vegas.
The High Country Citizens' Alliance and the Gunnison County Stockgrowers work together on a grazing proposal.
'The Workbook', a guide to the skirmishes over grazing and the Catron County movement by Barry Sims, is reviewed.
'The Montana Frontier: Old Dreams, New Realities' conference will be hosted by Montana State University.
'Wilderness: The Last Stand', a film by Miranda Smith, criticizes the timber industry and the Forest Service in Montana.
A homeowner and an environmental group file a suit arguing that jet-boats on the Rogue River violate the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act.
The National Parks and Conservation Association warns that water pollution and depletion plague the country's national parks.
- Tom Kinnane on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Gerald Burton on Back to civics class: 10 things to know about Standing Rock
- Steve Snyder on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Dale Lockwood on Trump’s pick to head the EPA? A man who’s suing it.
- Steve Snyder on Pipeline protesters seek refuge from the cold