Items by Jonathan Thompson
Stopping by the dam during a days-long experimental flood, it's clear that even this massive feat of engineering can't fix the arid West.
The Fort Sill Apache want to build a casino in New Mexico, but established gaming tribes oppose their efforts.
- Robin Switzer on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman