Items by Jonathan Thompson
Will laid-off energy workers get their jobs back? No. Regulations have nothing to do with this bust.
The privatized parcel within the proposed Bears Ears national monument could be a sign of things to come.
Low prices have energy companies and communities reeling as rig counts plummet and unemployment climbs.
The national park system does more than celebrate beauty. It also commemorates the ugliest parts of our past.
California’s Aliso Canyon is a reminder that methane emissions are widespread, poorly regulated — and ongoing.
- Larry Glickfeld on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- David W Hamilton on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations
- Dale Lockwood on Five reasons to be optimistic about climate change
- Ray Nelson on Go ahead, wander your way
- Jim Bolen on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations