Items by Jonathan Thompson
Will laid-off energy workers get their jobs back? No. Regulations have nothing to do with this bust.
The privatized parcel within the proposed Bears Ears national monument could be a sign of things to come.
Low prices have energy companies and communities reeling as rig counts plummet and unemployment climbs.
The national park system does more than celebrate beauty. It also commemorates the ugliest parts of our past.
California’s Aliso Canyon is a reminder that methane emissions are widespread, poorly regulated — and ongoing.
- Mike Sennett on Go ahead, control my guns
- Barbara Ullian on How to love a weird and perfect wilderness
- John Wahoff on It’s not the Wild West anymore. Look before you shoot.
- Tom Kinnane on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Gerald Burton on Back to civics class: 10 things to know about Standing Rock