SAGE Magazine, a student-run environmental magazine at the Yale Forestry School, recently ran a photo essay of Western images submitted from students and people around the region. Here, we showcase a selection of these photos, which include beautiful wildlife photography and poignant illustrations of humans' relationship to the natural world.
- Larry Glickfeld on New documentary offers a sharp look at the West’s water crisis
- Barbara Cella on Meet the aspiring ranger locked out by National Park Service practices
- Randy Welch on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Todd McWelch on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Tom Darnell on In Northern New Mexico, a piñon-nut culture is vanishing