Name: Gary Marbut
Background: During high school, he worked as a ski patrolman, and then in 1969 he enlisted in the Army. He served three years and took a "European Discharge," bought a motorcycle and spent a year driving around Europe and North Africa.
Conservation: Marbut's house is "a model for energy conservation -- high thermal mass, well insulated, active-passive solar" backed up by a fireplace. He says he spends less than $10 per year on electricity from the grid. He also tends a large organic vegetable garden.
- Harry Greene on The Pleistocene and the present don’t compute
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Penelope Blair on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- W. Fred Sanders on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline