Editor's note: The list of documents has been updated to reflect the charges brought against Nevada rancher and scofflaw Cliven Bundy on Feb. 9, 2016, related to the 2014 standoff.
Below are several court and federal documents related to the long history of grazing battles between Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and the United States government. Click on the title of any document to download a PDF. For more information, read "The revolt that wouldn't die."
- Feb. 9, 2016 Criminal complaint against Cliven Bundy filed: In the midst of the Malheur standoff, Bundy was arrested on charges related to the 2014 standoff.
- July 9, 2013 Court decisions against Bundy reaffirmed: A district court order provides legal basis for the planned 2014 roundup.
- Apr. 3, 2012 Notice of Impound Opportunity to Claim: After Bundy then ignores the Intent to Impound notice, the BLM informs him that a roundup will proceed, and tells him that afterwards he can claim any cattle bearing his brand.
- July 26, 2011 Intent to Impound Notice: After Bundy ignores the trespass notice, the BLM sends this Intent to Impound notice for cattle on 13 former grazing allotments in the Gold Butte Area.
- June 17, 2011 Bundy response to BLM notice: Bundy sends a two-sentence response to the June 8 BLM trespass notice.
- June 8, 2011 Notice of Trespass cease and desist: The BLM gives Bundy 10 days to remove all of his trespassing cattle from public lands.
- Jan. 21, 2011 Final Decision and Notice to Evaluate Trespass Damages: The BLM reminds Bundy he is in violation of the 1998 court order and several other laws, and that damage from ongoing trespass is being evaluated.
- Apr. 2, 2008 Notice of Cancellation of Range Improvements: A 2008 BLM order requires Bundy to remove all debris from former grazing allotment.
- May 17, 1999 Bundy Appeal Decision: Bundy’s appeal of the 1998 decision is rejected by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Nov. 4, 1998 Bundy Court Judgment: A 1998 district court order permanently bans Bundy from grazing.
- Feb. 17, 1994 Final Decision Order to Remove: The federal Bureau of Land Management (BLM) informs Cliven Bundy in 1994 that his grazing permit will be revoked, because he has “knowingly, willfully and repeatedly” illegally grazed his cattle on public land.